Big Shoes, Little Feet

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. -Oscar Wilde

Legend says a giant named Fin built the causeway.  The beauty of it’s creation is stunning. Up and over steps and surrounded by hills, it all kind of takes your breath away. It is a love story left by a creator that you cannot help but be swept into. It is my trip to Ireland. A majestic moment of following in giant footsteps, taking in more than you one’s eyes alone possibly could, and holding on to the collection of postcard like pictures in my mind. I’m more than certain that I’m walking on a path so many carved before me. My grandparents, parents, role models, and friends have all stepped across chasms, I am lucky to leap after.  They have lived in a way I dream to live and done things I merely say a prayer I ever could. They have paved the way for a life of beauty, memorable moments, and breathtaking adventure.  And as I tossed about in the passenger seat up and down the winding roads of the country side of Ireland, on a trip he told us repeatedly to take in our lifetime, I thought about the shoes he left for us to fill.  Much like the shoes of our loving Father, who created everything we have and will ever have and who longs for us to see His countryside, marvel at His beauty and share 8 days of love, laughter, and a few nights of achy feet with the people He choose for us to walk alongside. His shoes are hard to fill, but I strive each day to do just that. I know full well I’ll never fill them completely, but in my little way, in my little piece of the world, I hope His story stays alive in me. They are big shoes my friends, but each of us have little feet to help fill them. My feet walked me to the majesty and mystery of this land, where will your little feet take you? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Beginnings...

Fresh Coat.

HOME is where your HEART is.