ALL of me.

And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.

2 Corinthians 12:9


Despite the brief moments when I feel like SuperWoman, I have spent most of my life dwelling in insecurity. I often feel like I am not enough or too much. I doubt my decisions and fear what people might think of me. I know I am not perfect, but so much of me longs to be or feels like I need to be. It is something I have struggled with for as long as I can remember and something I am certain I will struggle with for a long time to come. That being said, as the guitar strums held the beat in the background, my heart was captured by these lyrics from the song, The Stand. "ALL I am is yours." 


We prayed these lyrics over and over at a young adult night. I was overwhelmed, almost to the point of tears, as I sang these simple words. God wanted me to know they were true. 


ALL. Not just the good parts of me, or the things I like, but all of me belongs to God. It is so easy to assume that God only wants our gifts or strengths. And we constantly try to present Him with the perfect parts of ourselves.  But, we declared over and over again that ALL of us is His, including our weaknesses and our failures. He is invested in our short comings and our mistakes. He loves the parts of us that are too much or not enough. HE  wants ALL of us. 


God declares His love for us over and over again. But, when will we start to truly trust in that love? 


If you know someone truly loves you, you begin to share with them every aspect of you. And if the love is sincere, you will probably start to find that they love even the parts of you that you do not like about yourself. But, authentic love here on earth is still at it's very best only human. And you will disappoint people and they will hurt you. But God loves you with a love that is beyond all of that. 


He loves you with a love that not only accepts and loves you for who you are, but a love that works through what you consider to be weaknesses. He wants the best for you and has a way of making all things build off one another to bring glory to the kingdom. He can work through ALL of you as soon as you start bringing Him ALL of you! 


I may never be perfect, in fact I definitely will not be, but I have a perfect Father in Heaven who loves me perfectly. And because of that, He continues to show me that despite me feeling like I am flawed, He loves and desires ALL of me and ALL of my heart, because that is enough! 


Bring Him all of you. Every hurt, every fear, every moment of weakness, and let Him work in you because of those very things. Do not be surprised if some of the things you find to be the worst in yourself, become the very things God desires the most.

ALL you are is HIS. Be HIS. ALL the way. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Beginnings...

Fresh Coat.

HOME is where your HEART is.