Impossible?

"And whatever you ask in my name, I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it." John 14:13-14

Have you ever stared impossible in the face? Like really just looked at something; a task, a goal, a job dead in its tracks and felt like everything in the world was conspiring to make sure it wouldn't be done? Sometimes it's hard to decide if this is impossible because it is something that shouldn't be done or if it is impossible because it's beyond the normal person's realm of comfort or convenience and thus something that can only be accomplished by those who truly believe in the beauty of this far off dream. Recently I've been faced with a task that seems in so many ways impossible. Just when I think I'm in the clear and this task is going to be completed I hit another speed bump, another trial, another thing to overcome in order to make the impossible possible! Sometimes I wonder why I keep fighting. Why should I keep pushing and keep striving for something that everything in the world is telling me to give up on? But the answer is simple. I keep pushing for the glory of God. You see me overcoming the impossible has little to do with me and almost everything to do with the power of God. His work in my heart and in my life has given me the confidence to trust in His power. And this trust in Him and His will and His ability to do anything has given me the extra strength I've needed to push farther and harder to get what I believe is meant to be done, even in the face of impossibility. It wasn't until I reflected on the scripture above that I understood why God would allow something that is meant to be about Him feel so hard to accomplish. But here is what I have come to realize, the more impossible a task seems, the more evident God's role is in completing that task. At the end of this journey to the impossible there could be two outcomes. Either the task is ruled impossible and I know it wasn't of God and what He wanted, or, the task is completed and the impossible is overcome and I have proof that God worked in my life. When the impossible is completed through prayer and through God's amazing power the story I have to share with others will truly be able to give Him the glory He deserves. So why do I keep pushing to conquer the impossible? God already conquered death, nothing is impossible for Him, He is just waiting to prove to me time and time again with Him in my life I have the potential to accomplish anything!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Beginnings...

Fresh Coat.

HOME is where your HEART is.