Midair!

Therefore, brethren, be all the more diligent to make certain about His calling and choosing you; for as long as you practice these things, you will never stumble; 1 Peter 1:10

Choices. Every day, every moment we have to make them. There is a saying that goes something like this...if you want to make a big decision, flip a coin, not because the heads or tails on the coin will make your decision, but because when the coin is midair you'll suddenly know which way your heart is calling you. I guess that's all we can do really, follow our hearts and hope they are calling us the right way. We have to figure out midair which way we want to go. But at any given second one choice we make can change our whole lives, our purpose, and our direction forever. One minute your going one way and one small decision can take you off the path or in a complete 180 in the opposite direction. We never know what decision might be the one to change our lives completely! Have you ever made a decision that you look back on and think you went the wrong way at the fork in the road? Maybe you should have gone down path A but you went down path B? I find myself in this place frequently. After I hash out everything that is weighing on both possible options, I make a decision that seems to be most logical. And yet even still sometimes I end up looking back feeling like the choice I made was the wrong one. I start to second guess everything and look at what motivated me to make my choice in the first place. When we make these choices, sometimes we feel like the weight of the world is on our shoulders. I do at least. I put so much pressure on myself to make the right choice! And when I feel like I don't, I start to think I've let myself down, or my family down, or my friends down, or most importantly my God down. But the truth is, no matter what, I'm going to make decisions in life, coin flipped, midair, that may feel like they were wrong when I look back on them with 20/20 vision. But everything, every choice I make, leads me to exactly who I'm becoming. Wrong choices in my eyes might lead me to exactly where God wants me and even choices that I think are "right" could lead me away from Him. When it comes down to it, I have to believe that I can hear the call of Christ in my life and make the best choice and follow the path in the road that I feel He is calling me too! I might mess up at points or read some of the signs wrong, but the bottom line is if I'm seeking God, He will lead me to become exactly who I'm meant to be! We never know which step off our path might be the exact same step that God wants us to make onto a better path in God's greater plan. Every choice can be the one that changes our lives, but don't underestimate the power that God plays in all our choices if we chose to let Him lead us!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Beginnings...

Fresh Coat.

HOME is where your HEART is.