Out of the blue.

20 Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us...
Ephesians 3:20

Isn't life crazy sometimes? You'll find yourself chugging along right on the path and a random moment, or mini crisis, or out of the blue catastrophe can turn your entire world on its head. It's to be expected with life, that things don't always go according to our plans and for the most part we just except it at face value. But that being said, it doesn't mean that these moments don't have us scrambling, wondering how we ended up here, or what exactly we are to do next. And in these moments, more often then not I find myself thinking, "God, what are you doing? You're screwing up the plan!"

Funny, that I would think God was screwing up the plan, when He obviously knows it much better than I. It becomes quite obvious to me, though, in hindsight, that things had to occur this way for a future only God could have foreseen. And as of late, more than that, I've seen how in our mundane and ordinary days of life, God is preparing us to be exactly who we need to be in those out of the blue moments.

You know how they describe some people as being "good under pressure"? They're those people that can wait until the last day to write a ten page paper or the ones you'd want by your side in a real emergency. I've never described myself as one of those people, mostly because I like to have everything done and ready to go before the pressure hits. But life doesn't always go just like so, and as we can all attest, there are moments that catch us off guard and in our minds unprepared and under pressure, regardless of how on top of things we think we are.

I think that in those moments, when we are off guard and vulnerable, is when God truly shows us His best work. What I'm learning is that everything God does in my life builds me and creates me into who He has always planned for me to be! I am, in those out of the blue moments, truly shown how beautiful that person He is creating is, because I see how each and every second of my life He has been building me to be right there, right then, handling whatever it might be. He knew all along that this moment would hit, and whether we know it or not, He has prepared us perfectly to conquer it! God uses our every day moments to create in us a heart built to withstand all our out of the blue challenges! And beyond that, He builds us and allows us to grow in a story that we so often question. He uses each moment to embellish an amazing fairytale that is our lives. And He delivers time and time again an adventure that is beyond our wildest dreams.

Out of the blue moments will occur in all our lives. Expect them. And find in them the ways God has and will continue to build you to be exactly the person to rise out of each of those random, scary, or beautiful moments. And realize, He's not screwing up the plan, in fact, He's executing it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Beginnings...

Fresh Coat.

HOME is where your HEART is.