Shift in Perspective

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.
2 Corinthians 5:17

I had barely stopped to breath in days. My agenda was full. I had things that needed to be done and I chipped away at one after the other. By the time Monday evening rolled around, I was shoving food in my mouth before heading out the door for a meeting. The day was so busy, I even had unanswered texts, something I never had. I scrolled through and quickly replied. I read one text that encouraged me to go outside and see the sunset, looking to my window, I realized it was now pitch black outside. I'd missed it. I grabbed my things for the meeting and headed on my way.

Instantly, as I pulled out of the driveway I was almost startled by the object I saw. There floating over the housetops was the biggest version of the moon I had ever seen. I had to glance again, afraid maybe I was seeing things. Yes, that gigantic and marvelous circle, was definitely the moon. I drove on, but in just a moments time my whole perspective on the day had changed.

I was running through, just trying to get by, when the moon caught my attention. It was as if God was saying, "Wait, are you seeing what I'm showing you?" I'd missed the sunset, but He wasn't going to let me miss the moon. I was awestruck by His glory and smitten that He would create something so beautiful as that moon that night for us to see! My day didn't slow down from there, I didn't have less to do from that point on, but my view of things had suddenly changed.

How many times do we think we know who someone truly is or what exactly we want to do with our lives, until a single moment or decision or circumstance flips everything you knew on its head? Maybe you take a job in another state, or someone close to you dies, or suddenly someone you thought had your best intentions at heart proves they don't. Whatever it is, it's smooth sailing in one direction, until a fact such as these hits you like two-by-four. And what you thought was to be, well, it no longer is. You must somehow pick up the pieces and start again adjust accordingly.

Sometimes we've been warned, or prepped that this moment might be coming, but until it's concrete for us, we refuse to see it. Or maybe your the one doing the warning. You try to tell your friend that guy is not the one. Or you advise someone not to count their eggs before they hatch. Your laying down the groundwork for some change you see coming in the future. And I'm sure, when your friend has their own perspective on things, they refuse to listen to your point of view. I was told the sunset was beautiful, I just refused to slow down and see something from the eyes of someone else.

Each of us is given our own right to have a point of view on things. God lets us see the world through our two eyes. And the things I see with my eyes are most likely different than what you see from yours. And while maybe an outsider can see the truth, better than us, until we have seen with our own eyes, it's very hard for us to believe it.

Now imagine this truth, God has a clear view of everything. He knows exactly when friendships will ruin, families will fall apart, lovers will meet, and the moon will appear. And perhaps, He could reveal it all to us instantly. But He doesn't. No, He doesn't force us to see the world from His perspective. But rather, He uses the world and each moment to shift our perspective just enough so that we discover His plans for us! And for each of us that perspective is changing uniquely.

God reveals things to each of us in His perfect timing. What He wants you to know now may be something He is waiting patiently to reveal to someone else. And that which He wants you to see now probably will not be the view He wants you to have forever. Change can be hard, but when He makes these changes in our perspective, He is making things new. He is making way for new beginnings. He is establishing new missions. And He is most likely revealing something new within us.

Keep your perspective open to the Spirit. He wants to reveal the world to you! And trust that whatever it is He is revealing, big or small, He wants you to see it for a reason.

God could have shown me the sunset last night, but if I'd seen it, maybe I would have missed everything He wanted to show me in the glory of the moon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Beginnings...

Fresh Coat.

HOME is where your HEART is.