Beyond Comfortable!

“The world promises you comfort, but you were not made for comfort. You were made for greatness.”
Pope Benedict XVI

That moment right when the alarm goes off when you are barely awake and warm underneath big blankets, your head nestled on your favorite pillow! You are comfortable! But in a minute you'll have to take that dreaded first step out of your bed into the chill of a new morning and begin your day! That moment can usually never be described as comfortable. You're leaving the safety of a warm bed, sweet dreams, and peaceful sleep for a world of cold air, bad hair days, and real life problems. I can say with some certainty that most of us usually dread making that first step! But we do day in and day out. Why? Why do we force ourselves into that uncomfortable moment? We brave the elements and do it over and over again because we know that beyond that first awful moment of leaving our cozy beds there is something greater waiting. Maybe it's a warm cup of coffee, a new day at work, or a visit with a friend. Whatever it is that awaits, we risk being uncomfortable to get to it! Life would be easy if we all only did what was comfortable. But why settle for a world that is comfortable when God is calling you to be great? I have an extremely large amount of fears and a tendency to over-think everything! So often I find myself being boxed in by these fears and the notion that I'm incapable of doing something! If its something that makes me uncomfortable then the easy answer is not to do it. But God isn't calling me to easy and He isn't calling me to comfort! He is calling all of us to greatness! And sometimes that means getting outside of yourself and tolerating uncomfortable. What is your comfort worth? Is God's glory and your love of others more important than your comfort? I've realized that I can leap and leave what is comfortable if it's going to help build the kingdom of God. And I will. Discomfort is temporary. Greatness and the love of God are forever! Don't give that up for temporary comfort!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Beginnings...

Fresh Coat.

HOME is where your HEART is.