Great Expectations.

5 My soul, wait in silence for God only,For my hope is from Him.

Psalm 62:5

Expectations are our plans for what should happen. Disappointment is what results when these plans we have made for ourselves fall through. Have you ever had something so hyped up that when it actually happened you were left with the feeling of "well that was it." My friends and I have a small obsession with Panera Mac n cheese and the tendency to get overly excited about simple things like this. The other night we sent one of our moms there to get the famous Mac n cheese. She went expecting the most amazing meal of her life the way we described this cheesy bowl of happiness. Well guess what, she was unimpressed. It was unfair really we gave her great expectations of what this Mac n cheese would taste like and she didn't love it. That's the thing, we all need and want and expect different things but we sometimes get our expectations from each other and in the end we realize amazing for one of us could just be mediocre for the other. In an effort to avoid the disappointment of failed expectations, I started making myself expect the worst. That way whatever happened would usually leave me feeling good about things. How ridiculous is that though. I have a God in my life who loves me and wants everything amazing for me and I'm sitting here expecting nothing. This weekend I was reminded of what I really should be expecting. What I should be expecting is that God will continue to work in my life perfectly and in better ways then I could plan. Time and time again when I least expect God surprises me with good in my life and while I can't exactly expect what that good will be, I know for certain that those little surprises will keep happening time and time again. So instead of planning what's going to happen next...I'm setting my hope in God and expecting that whatever happens will be perfectly His plan for me. Don't set your hope on the hype of Mac n cheese, set it on our amazing God and the realization that He knows what will be best for you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Beginnings...

Fresh Coat.

HOME is where your HEART is.