Itinerary.

For momentary, light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison, while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:17-18

Affliction. All of our lives are affected by trials of one form or another. Think about the past week, how many times have you been frustrated? In what ways has your patience been tested? What moments have left you asking, why me?

I think if you reflect on the past, so many times, our trials are what cloud our perception. And, so many times, they are what define us. Beautiful moments happen all the time, and we notice them and cherish them, I'm sure. But our tests, our moments of weakness, when we find ourselves vulnerable to God; those moments are what produce in us a change. Those moments are what shape who we are and who we are going to become.

They say when it rains it pours. And it seems that in life it happens this way. For me in the last few weeks, and months, my health has seemed like a tropical storm. Nothing life threatening or even that serious, but still, I've been to more doctors appointments and pharmacy visits than I have in the past couple of years. And what's worse, half my problems are still undiagnosed. For a girl who absolutely hates doctors, this has had me stressed. I've been tested literally and mentally. And as I sit in waiting rooms, I think to myself, why me? Why me, God?

That is a question to which I may never know the answer. Or maybe somewhere on my journey, I'll discover the answer without remembering the question. But I'm certain that either way, God knows. There's no way our minds can comprehend every intricate detail of God's plan for us. There's no way to take in all the tiny paths, trials, and moments that will shape us.

But here's the good news, we don't have to. God doesn't expect us to know all the answers. Or even to figure everything out. All He wants us to do is trust in the plan He has already created. Imagine that invitation. God has given you an all expenses paid trip for which the itinerary is completely planned. Sure flights may be delayed, weather may be poor, and you might wonder at times why you are there, but God has a list of everything He wants you to see. Every area within you that He wants you to discover. And all you have to do is go along for the ride, trusting in His travel plans.

It's not guaranteed to be smooth sailing all the time. And maybe you'll remember the trials along the journey more then the sights. Know now, the journey He has will push you and you'll face affliction. Traveling isn't easy. But it brings out the parts of us God wants us to know, and leads us to discover every beautiful part of the world He wants us to see.

Trials will impact all our lives. Don't let them stop you from discovering God working in you. You may never know why. However, you can be certain that for everything, God has a reason. Trust.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Beginnings...

Fresh Coat.

HOME is where your HEART is.